Our research work concerns with the design, implementation, and evaluation of advanced information access systems for unstructured information.
In this general area of research our work is concentrated mainly with the following topics:
- Information Retrieval Models: modelling of the uncertainty in the indexing and matching processes using formal models;
- Distributed Information Retrieval: modelling resource description, resource selection and results fusion;
- Personalisation and contextualisation: adaptation of retrieval models to a user task and context;
- Mobile Information Access: access to information using mobile terminals and small screen devices.
- Text Mining: mining heterogeneous text archives to determine opinion and trends;
- User interaction: design of new models and tools for better capturing user interaction in information access tasks;
- Hypermedia: automatic authoring of hypertext and hypermedia using techniques of link discovery.